The Bushwhacker® 46 was designed to exceed end user desires for the best large bore (.46 cal) universal suppressor on the market. The current (gen 2) version further pushes this high bar to even higher heights of performance. Engineered to be more compact, more durable, with higher performance, and more mounting options than any other, make the Bushwhacker® 46 the class leader in the universal suppressor category.
Costly R&D resources were spent to develop the patent pending ECO-FLOW™ baffle technology for the Bushwhacker® 46. This baffle system provides reduced back pressure, greater structural strength, higher heat resistance for enhanced durability, and longer service life, as well as 5-7db sound pressure level drops vs the original version. This high performance baffle technology allowed engineering to reduce the overall length of the product to a compact 7.75" while simultaneously increasing performance. These are typically inversely related variables in the world of suppressor R&D.
The Bushwhacker® retains the patented Ratchet-LOK™ end cap system, which allows users to fully take apart, clean, and maintain their suppressor. Carbon and copper deposits parasitically reduce volume inside suppressors over time, which reduces their sound performance. The Ratchet-LOK™ end cap system ensures that your Bushwhacker® 46 can be cleaned years after ownership, which resets your suppressor to factory weight and sound performance specifications.
The PLAN-A™ taper mount interface, provides an accurate, minimal length and weight solution to configuring the suppressor in a rifle configuration. This configuration supports Griffin's tried and true taper mount devices, which have been proven to provide the least point of impact shift and greatest accuracy to long range shooters in the firearms community. This configuration weighs a mere 15.8oz ensuring that hunters can practically field the suppressor all day without undue discomfort.
The booster piston system affords the user the ability to convert the suppressor for use on browning style action (tilt barrel) pistols. This system accommodates the separately available 3 Lug QD universal piston system which provides a rapid, secure attachment to the host pistol. No longer do users need to worry about their pistol suppressors loosening during use (as with traditional fixed threaded pistons). The universal QD piston system features a taper lock which provides secure attachment. The piston can be attached / detached in any one of 3 positions, ensuring there are no false positive positions to slow down deployment of the suppressor onto the host firearm. Additionally the manufacturing accuracy of the interface is held to the companies high quality standards for concentrically and blueprint tolerances, ensuring that each mounting position has the same POI shift influence, which is negligible and imperceptible in controlled environment testing.
The Low profile 3 Lug interface and associated adapters, provide rapid and secure attachment for fixed barrel firearms. Sub machine guns, lever guns, and the like benefit from this systems rapid and easy attachment. This system adds minimal length and weight and is a staple mounting system in the Griffin line.
The A2 1.375x24 mount allows the interfacing of the Bushwhacker® 46 to prevalent mil-spec A2 compensators which are typically seen on AR15 class firearms. This interface will also fit Griffin Gate-LOK™ devices, the higher quality counterpart to the A2 birdcage.
The .46 caliber diameter provides end users with the most caliber flexibility possible, while retaining quality sound suppression. .450 Bushmaster, .458 socom, .45-70 Govt, and other large bore calibers are at home with the Bushwhacker 46. The .30 caliber Paladin blast shield front cap can be interfaced with the Bushwhacker 46 further improving sound performance on the Paladin with 30 caliber and lesser rounds like .308 Win, .300 BLK, and 6.5 Creedmoor.
- Patented Ratchet-LOK™ end cap system for user serviceability and end cap diameter optimization.
- Patented ECO-FLOW™ baffles, for reduced back-pressure and increased performance.
- Compatible with Griffin Taper Mount minimalist devices, TM Hammer Comp, and others with included Plan-A™, and all Griffin Taper Mounts with the Plan-A™ XL
- Compatible with Universal QD piston system
- 1.375x24 threaded rear interface to support alternative mounting options
- Supports 3-lug QD kit in 9mm and 10mm/.45 via 1.375x24 Booster piston housing
- Supports rifle calibers from .22 up to 45-70 Govt.
- Supports Pistol calibers up to .45 ACP
- Use of 30 cal Paladin® blast shield end cap increases sound performance on 30 caliber and lesser.
- 7.75” long x 1.5” diameter
- 17-4 Stainless Steel tube body and front cap, Black nitride finish
- 17-4 H900 heat treated stainless steel baffles
- 15.8 oz in the Taper Mount configuration (using the included PLAN-A™)
- 17.6 oz in the Pistol configuration (with universal piston system installed)
- Barrel Length Ratings: 16”-.45-70, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM; 9.5”-5.56; 6” .300BLK; 8” 6.8 SPC, 7.62x39; 12.5” .308Win; 20” .300WM; 24" .300RUM/.338LM
What's Included :
- Bushwhacker® 46 tube body
- Patented ECO-FLOW™ baffle system
- Patented .46 cal Ratchet-LOK™ end cap
- PLAN-A™ Taper Mount interface
- EZ-Brake™ Muzzle brake, .30 CAL - 5/8x24 threaded
- Booster piston housing (1.375x24)
- Booster piston retainer
- Booster piston spring
- Bushwhacker wrenches (2)
- Griffin multi-function wrench
- suppressor pouch
|FFL Address Required||Yes|
Griffin Armament Bushwhacker 46
- Brand: Griffin Armament
- Product Code: GABUSH46-W
- Availability: Out Of Stock